Start blowing them trumpets for the 2018 LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference Program is live!
Now in its fourth year, the conference is the only national summit for LGBTIQ women’s health in Australia. The program includes presentations, panels, workshops and esteemed keynote speakers with the conference being opened by the Minister for Health, Jill Hennessey, with Welcome to Country by Wurundjeri Elder, Annette Xiberras.
This year’s theme ‘Research, Resilience, Respect’ is aimed at exploring existing research and highlighting the need for further research into LGBTIQ women’s health. Furthermore, this year’s conference will acknowledge the resilience and strength of LGBTIQ women as well as pay respect to all LGBTIQ women’s communities.
The conference also coincides with NAIDOC Week – their theme being “Because of her, we can!” – so we’re very much looking forward to some important conversations with the Aboriginal LGBTIQ women’s communities from all around Australia.
We are especially excited about our conference social and networking event, sponsored by Mind Equality Centre, on Thursday evening, which will bring together performances by Glitterfist, Tonie Field, Sailor V and more.
Download the schedule and register your attendance today!
(Registrations have now closed for 2018). See you next year!
Planning is well and truly underway for the 2018 LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference and we are very excited about the depth and breadth of content we are working to bring you, and the quality speakers we will have joining us.
We are pleased to announce this year’s Conference will be opened by Minister for Health, Jill Hennessy, and we have a very exciting International Speaker from the Philippines, Naomi Fontanos, TGD activist. We have some incredible keynote speakers locked in, with the rest of the program being scheduled as we speak. Here are a few of our keynote and panel speakers:
- Jerril Rechter, CEO VicHealth
- Lyn Morgain, CEO cohealth
- Sally Rugg, Ex-Campaign Director, GetUp!
- Feyi Akindoyeni, Partner, Strategic Communications expert, Gateway Australia
- Roj Amedi, Human Rights Campaigner, GetUp!
With registrations starting to flood in, we are eager to give you some updates…
- VAC is offering FREE membership for 12 months to conference delegates. Claim yours HERE
- For options on recommended accommodation in the area with discount codes head HERE
- If you require Creche facilities for your child/ren during the conference, please email email@example.com before 15 June 2018
- If you’d like to volunteer at the conference, please register your interest HERE
- Have you and your friends/colleagues registered for the 2018 conference? Don’t miss out, spaces filling fast, register & pay HERE
On behalf of VAC and ACON, we thank you for your continued interest, passion and commitment, and look forward to joining you again for this incredible event very soon.
Scholarships are still open and
will close midnight 13th May 2018.
For more information check out the website: www.lbq.org.au