Applications for Scholarships for the 2018 LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference are now open.
The 2018 LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference Scholarship Program
To apply for a scholarship CLICK HERE
VAC and ACON are pleased to offer applications for the LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference scholarship program.
This scholarship program was created in acknowledgement of the barriers that travel expenses can create. They are designed to enable access and participation in the 2018 LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference and to ensure the greatest possible diversity of conference delegates. These scholarships are open to organisations and individuals from all states and territories of Australia, including the Tiwi Islands, NT.
This scholarship program can cover costs associated with:
- Event registration
- Travel expenses
- Per diem expenses – an agreed-upon daily expense that can cover costs of being away from home for meals, laundry and travel.
Who can apply?
Scholarship applications are open to conference delegates and presenters/facilitators.
The selection process will aim to redress barriers to participating in the conference which may be experienced by individuals or groups operating from remote locations or those experiencing financial hardship.
How to apply
You will need to fill out our application form which will be live from 28 February, 2018.
The application form will contain the selection criteria that you will need to respond to. We have provided these at the end of this form so you are able to review them before commencing the form.
How will applicants be selected?
Applications will be assessed based on their responses to the selection criteria.
All applications will be assessed by members of the LGBTIQ Women’s Health Conference Working Group. Selection will take into account diversity of location, fields of practice and financial barriers to attend.
Priorities will be given to Australian attendees and scholarship amounts granted will take into consideration geographic location of applicant e.g an applicant living in the Northern Territory will be granted more than an applicant living in Melbourne or regional NSW.
All bookings for travel and accommodation will occur through VAC.
Please note: due to the limited scholarships available, our ability to support may outweigh the number of applications we receive.
Selection Criteria – these are the questions that you will need to answer on the application form.
You will also be asked to provide your name, address, contact details, employment / education information (where relevant) and amount of financial assistance you are requesting.
- How will your attendance at the conference strengthen your current or future work practice? (500 word maximum)
- In what ways will you share with your clients / service users / colleagues / partners / community the learning and connections you gain from attending the conference? (500 word maximum)
- Please provide a brief biography – including brief information about your education/ professional and/or volunteer experience.
- Scholarships open: 28 February, 2018
- Scholarships application close: 30 April, 2018
- Applicants notified of outcome: 10 May, 2018
- Conference dates: 12 & 13 July, 2018.
We offer free registration for volunteers. Find out about volunteering options.
Enquiries can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org